Cacio e pepe(cheese and pepper)
- 1 lb pasta (bucatini or spaghetti)
- 3 tablespoon unsalted butter, cubed, divided
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 3/4 cup finely grated Grana Padano or Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup finely grated Pecorino Romano cheese
Prepare the pasta according to the package direction. Cook until slightly underdone.Reserve 3/4 cup pasta cooking water. Meanwhile, melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add pepper and cook, stirring, until toasted, about 1 minute. Add 1/2 cup reserved pasta water to skillet and bring to a simmer. Add pasta and remaining butter. Reduce heat to low and add Grana Padano, stirring and tossing with tongs until melted. Remove pan from heat; add Pecorino, stirring and tossing until cheese melts, sauce coats the pasta, and pasta is completely cooked. (Add more pasta water if sauce seems dry). To serve top with additional freshly ground pepper and Parmesan cheese.