Penne with chili sauce
A fantastic dish for a quick meal on the run, this fiery sauce takes only moments to cook. If you want a milder meal, remove the seeds from the chilies when you chop them.
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 chili peppers, finely chopped
- 1×400 g (14 oz) tin chopped tomatoes or 450 g (1 lb) passata
- 2 tbsp finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 375 g (13 oz) dried penne or penne rigate
Heat the oil and briefly fry the garlic and the chilies. Add the tomatoes and cook for a few minutes, then add the parsley and salt to taste. Cook the pasta in boiling salted water according to the packet instructions or until al dente, then drain. Add the pasta to the sauce and toss together.