- 1 lb spaghetti (or bucatini or fettuccine)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 3 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 ground teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 lb pancetta or thick cut bacon, diced
Cook the pasta according to package directions. Reserve 172 cup cooking liquid. Meanwhile, whisk together the eggs, 3/4 cup cheese, parsley, salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl. Cook the pancetta/bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until browned and crisp, about 6 minutes. Add the pasta and 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid to the skillet, tossing to combine. Add the egg mixture and the remaining 1/4 cup cooking liquid and cook, over low heat, tossing constantly, until the sauce is creamy and the pasta is well coated, about 2 minutes. To serve top whith the remaining Parmesan cheese and pepper.