Soup with pasta
This is the simplest of all soup it is very much used in northem Italy, especially for the evening meal, when it is warming, but not too heavy. It is based on very good, home made chicken stock. Do not use stock cubes to hurry the process.
- 1.2 litres (2 pints) chicken stock
- 1 ripe tomato, peeled, de seeded and finely chopped
- 150 g (5 oz) dried capelli d’angelo or spaghetti
- 25 g (1 oz) freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 tsp finely chopped chives
Bring to stock to the boil, add the tomato and cook for a few minutes. Add the pasta and cook for another 3-5 minutes. Taste and add salt if necessary. Serve hot sprinkled with the Parmesan and chives.