Pasta salad with vegetlabes
This is very tasty summertime dish that brings out the delicate flavour of the vegetables.
- 200 g (7 oz) asparagus, trimmed
- 200 g (7 oz) celeriac, cut into large matchsticks
- 300 g (11 oz) dried gomiti, sedanoni or penne
- 6 tbsp virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 very large tomatoes, skinned, de seeded and roughly chopped
- 200 g (7 oz) mozzarella cheese, diced
- 100 g (4 oz) pecorino cheese, cut into strips
- 2 tbsp finely chopped basil
- Freshly ground black pepper
Cook the asparagus and the celeriac separately in slightly salted, boiling water until tender, allowing about 20 minutes. Drain and leave to cook. Cut the asparagus into 2.5 cm (1 in) pieces. Cook the pasta in boiling salted water for 7 minutes or until slightly softer than al dente. Drain and leave to cool slightly. In a bowl, mix together the oil and vinegar, and season with salt and pepper. Stir in the tomatoes, mozzarella and pecorino cheese, celeriac, asparagus and basil. Mix well, add the pasta and stir to combine. Check seasoning and serve cold slightly warm.