Pepperoni Parmesan pasta
This recipe is like a pizza in pasta form. Use the same pot to cut down on dirtying extra dishes and capturing all the flavor.
Portions: Serves 4
- 6 ounces dried spaghetti, broken in half
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces fresh butter or cremini mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 3 ounces pepperoni, thinly sliced or cubed
- 6 cups lightly packed fresh spinach, stems removed and torn
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Freshly ground pepper
Prepare the pasta according to the package directions. Drain; set aside, and keep warm. Wipe out the pan. Add the butter and cook over medium heat until melted; add the mushrooms and pepperoni and sauté for 5 minutes, or until the mush- rooms are just tender. Drain off and discard any excess fat. Stir in the spinach and cook for 1 minute or until spinach begins to wilt, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Add the pasta to the pan and toss to combine with the pepperoni mixture, half of the cheese, the basil, and lemon juice. Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper, if desired. Divide between 4 plates and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.