Apple stuffed chicken breasts
The taste combination of tart apples and cheddar cheese mad this juicy chicken a mouth watering meal.
- 1/2 cup Apple chopped, cored, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon Dry bread crumbs
- 2 (5 ounces each) Chicken breast halved, boneless, skinless
- 1/4 cup Apple juice, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 tablespoon Butter, melted
- 3/4 Corn starch, dissolved in 1 teaspoon of cold water
- 1/8 teaspoon Paprika
Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease an 8-inch baking dish. Into a mixing bowl, combine apples with the next four ingredients. Mix to coat. Slice chicken to flatten into 1/4 inch thick, evenly scoop mixture into each of the chicken meats and roll up. Use toothpicks to secure ends. Place on prepared baking dish, brush chicken with butter, pour water and apple juice; and bake for about 28 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove the toothpicks. Transfer the juice in the dish into a saucepan and boil. Stir in dissolved corn starch until smooth and thickened. Pour over chicken and sprinkle with paprika. Serving suggestions: Serve as a main dish with red wine to complement.