Porcini and nepitella
- Four fresh porcini mushrooms
- Four tablespoons extra virgin oil, plus extra for drizzling
- Two cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Two springs nepitella or fresh mint and oregano
- Eight slices Tuscan country bread or hearty bread
With a dry dishtowel, brush off any dirt that may be on the porcini mushrooms. Cut the mushrooms into thin slices. Cook’s note: Do not rise porcini mushrooms under water as they will absorb water like a sponge. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan. When garlic is golden, add the mushrooms and cook in the saucepan for a few minutes before adding salt, to taste. Toast the bread and drizzle some olive oil on top. Remove the nepitella springs from the saucepan. Place mushrooms on top of the toasted bread. Serve immediately.