For eggplant lovers, this dish will be a special addition to their menu. You can serve this delicious recipe for lunch or dinner.
Total time: 1 hour
- Peeled and sliced eggplant: 3
- Whisked eggs: 2
- Shredded mozzarella cheese: 16 ounces (divided)
- Parmesan cheese (grated): 1/2 cup (divided)
- Bread crumbs (Italian seasoned): 4 cups
- Dried basil: 1/2 teaspoon
- Spaghetti sauce (divided): 6 cups
Preheat your oven to almost 350°F. Dip slices of eggplants in bread crumbs and put on the baking sheet in one layer. Bake them in your preheated oven for almost 5 minutes. Spread spaghetti sauce in one baking dish (9×13-inch) to cover base. Put eggplant slices on top of the sauce and sprinkle with some parmesan and mozzarella cheeses. Replicate this procedure with remaining ingredients and end with the parmesan and mozzarella cheeses. Sprinkle fresh basil on the top. Bake it in your preheated oven for nearly 35 minutes to make it golden brown. Serve warm.