Not your traditional cinnamon roll, these bake up crisp, flaky, and buttery. Make the rolls at least a day in advance to store in the freezer, and you can turn out warm, fresh cinnamon rolls for breakfast in only half an hour. Just be sure to cook them all the way to a dark golden brown.
Portions: Makes 8
- 14×16 sheet frozen
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons (76g) unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup + 1 tablespoon (119g) golden brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 small or ½ large egg white
- 1 cup (115g) pecans, chopped